Friday 7 October 2011

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skincare Update

So as I promised here is the update on how my skin has reacted to me using the tea tree skincare items. If you haven't read my post about it then HERE it is.
Before I begin I thought I would point out that these products can work differently on people and these are just my personal opinions. My skin is especially just spotty on my chin and I do suffer from oily outbreaks on my t-zone.

So I have been using these products for about a week and here are my thoughts:
How I use the products
Evening

  • I start of by using the clearing facial wash and massage this on damp skin for about a minute and then rinse off.
  • Once my skin has been cleansed and it is free of any make-up I then use the toner all over my face with my Kleenex cotton pads
  • I then dab the tea tree oil over any spots I may have then sleep!
Morning
  • I again use the toner all over my face 
  • Then apply the moisturiser
What do I think?
So having this used for a week I feel I can make an honest review.
  • The facial wash is OK but I personally don't find it anything special then any other cleanser I have used.
  • When I use the toner it makes my face tingle and in someways burn, I'm not sure how else to explain it but it's like a warm tingling sensation that at some times can feel a little uncomfortable.
  • The moisturiser is A-MAZ-ING. It's almost like a primer as it makes my skin feel matte and really does reduce the oil outbreak that my skin produces throughout the day. I LOVE it!
  • The oil really does dry out my spots which is always a lovely look :l
So overall I find using the products OK. In terms of reducing the spots that I have on my chin, I find that they have really dried out but are still quite sore and while using the products it has not prevented any spots from forming as more have arrived to say 'hello'! 
The products I like the most is the moisturiser which is GREAT before applying my make-up and the oil which really has helped to dry out my spots. When it comes to the facial wash it's OK nothing special and the toner I feel doesn't really work for me as I find it a bit to harsh on my skin.

I'm sorry it's not more of a positive review but I do feel like I should be honest when doing these reviews!
Let me know what you think about what I have said!
Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment