Saturday 24 September 2011

My Estee Lauder Double Wear Sample Experience!

Estee Lauder Double wear foundation is something I have been wanting to try out for months or probably even more suited to saying nearly a year now. This foundation has been become a holy grail product for many women who want a full coverage but yet natural foundation, thus me deciding that I would finally go to an Estee Lauder counter and try and get a sample!
So my first port of call was Debenhams and when I asked in there the assistant claimed that she did not have any more bottles left and requested that if I wanted a sample of the foundation I would have to come back and bring my own pot, deciding that I didn't really want to do that I went to House of Fraser (lucky for me it was right next door!)
So when popping into House Of Fraser the Estee Lauder counter was right infront of the entrance so I stood around waiting for the sales assistant to approach me. After what seemed like a a very in-depth conversation with her colleague she approached me and yet again told me there were no pots left, but the more childish side of me found it funny that she had bright red lipstick on her teeth, so after trying to not cackle I moved onto my next destination, John Lewis!
I was crossing my fingers hoping that they would have a sample in John Lewis due to the simple fact I would rather try this foundation out first rather than spend the hefty £26.50 price tag and decide that I am not that keen on it, trust me it would have to be the perfect foundation for me to spend £26.50!
To my relief when I asked at the Estee Lauder counter he said that he did have a sample! YIPPEEE! He coloured matched me with a chart and it came out that I was Level 1 and my shade is ECRU (a weird shade name right?!) I was finally happy that I was going to get my sample to try out but when he got the pot out I was surprised by how small it is! Here is some pictures comparing it's size to other various other item's I have:


 Compared to a mini sized pot of Posie Tint




When reading the magazines it says 'Go to an Estee Lauder counter and get your 10day sample pot Estee Lauder Doublewear (something along those lines anyway!) I'm not sure if this is a 10day sample or not? I very much doubt it would last me 10days of applying it.
Let me know what you think and if you got the same sample size pot as me! (I hope you can see how small it is by the pictures)
Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment