Sunday 5 February 2012

January Glossybox... FULL review

 '5 perfecting products to pamper and preen yourself'


Normally when I get my Glossybox I do a post about it straight away. But this month my Glossybox was a few days late and I decided that I would use the products for a couple of days and then write a post about it... So there is the explanation why this post is later then usual :)

Now I'm pretty certain you would know that the January Glossybox is a GORGEOUS bright pink especially for Valentines... Ahh... :)


I am happy with this month's box and this is the EXACT reason why I do subscribe to these monthly boxes... To try these kind of products! :)

EYEKO Skinny Eyeliner - Emerald Green
Full size - £9.50

How weird is this the shape of this eyeliner?! When I first saw it I did let out a little laugh as I have never seen a eyeliner shaped this way as its just so looooong! But after realising then it would stay long after it has been sharpened it then made really good sense...
The eyeliner colour I got is Emerald green. I'm quite pleased as I can't say that I do have an eyeliner this colour.
So overall I'm pleased with this eyeliner as it does glide on really smooth and leaves a lovely colour on the eyes. I'm not actually sure how much use I'm going to get out of this, due to the fact that it is green and so will have to watch what I'm wearing! Haha! But I will be very happy to use then when I can! 

SWATCHES... :)




ORLY Nail Lacquer - Ruby -5.3ml
 Full size - 18ml £6.95


I haven't actually done a swatch of this.. naughty me..  Only because if you would have seen my Topshop nail polish post I am currently on a mission to just use these nail polishes.
I will definitely be trying this out when I get a chance as it is a lovely red... :)


WELEDA One Step Cleanser & Toner 10ml
Full Size - 100ml - £9.95

This a lovely product to include in this month's box as it is super easy to use and one of those things that it is just SO handy to have, in them times of despeate needs when you just can't be bothered with the whole process of taking your make-up of and having to cleanse etc...
Although saying that I wouldn't mind actually using it to take my make-up off and keeping it in line with my cleansing routine.
You just basically use this on a cotton pad and swipe over the face! Simple!

This is the cotton pad after I used it on a full face of make-up... Lovely I know! Haha!
It felt as though it removed all of my make-up and made my face feel 'clean and fresh.' 


FAB Gentle Body Wash - 56.7g
Full Size - 226.8g - £13.00


Now I understand that this would be great for someone who has sensitive skin and is unable to use fragranced body washes but I was SO disappointed by this.
It smells of nothing.
Doesn't lather up much.
I didn't notice any difference in my skin being any more softer or feeling any more clean.
So this is a massive no for me, but great for someone who has more sensitive skin and needs something that is 'gentle.'


MURAD Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer - Dewy Finish - 5ml
Full Size - 30ml - £29.00

I was super duper excited when I knew a primer had been included in the Glossybox as I have never tried a primer before...
But to be honest I was disappointed by this.
This can be used under foundation (as a primer) or by itself. I can never ever see me wearing this on it's own as my skin is far too terrible for that!
Swatched...
I did use it as a primer and to be honest I did not notice any difference what-so-ever.
I will use this up, seen as I do have it and will continue to use it under my foundation but seen as it does cost a shocking £29?! I know there is NO WAY I would repurchase it, no matter how good it would have been! £29 is an outrageous price for a primer... Don't you think?

I recently brought something that has made my foundation last SO much longer and pretty much changed the way I now apply my make-up... Interested? You should be! Look out for a post very soon on that! :D

What did you think of this months Glossybox?
Rachel xxxx




1 comment:

  1. I'm liking the Weleda toner too... It smells lovely as well.

    Looking forward to your next post now... Wht did you buy??? I'm curious. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete