Friday 19 April 2013

April Birchbox UK 2013



So it's that time of the month again when the latest Birchbox arrives with all it's goodies inside and this month is no different.
It felt like I waited ages for my box though and seeing everyones reviews and posts about the box seemed to make it that little bit harder but I have to say I was a little surprised to see what was in my box... You will see why in a bit...

Here's what's inside

No onto the products one by one!



Gerda Spillmann - Renaissance Age Serum
3ml
This is a teeny tiny sample of a serum that is geared to giving you a 'youthful appearance.' Now I can't say that anti-ageing skin care is on the top of my list at the moment but never-the-less it's never too young to start! Prevention is better than cure right? A Gerda Spillmann product was also included in a pervious box so  Birchbox obviously have a strong connection with the brand. Looking forward to using this however not sure if I am going to see any improvement, firstly due to my age and secondly due to the size of the product as it is only 3ml but however it will be nice to get a feel for the product and see whether it agrees with my skin or not.

La Societe Parisienne De Savons - Soap
Maya
Now when i opened the box the first thing I thought was 'wow what is that smell' and it turned out to be this. This is your traditional smelling soap filled with the smell of Lavender which I personally LOVE. In a way it reminds me of something from the 1900's packaging and smell wise (not that I know what the 1900's smell like!) but I would imagine that all the upper class women of that time would use something just like this and I just love the retro vibe to it.
I almost feel like it's too pretty to use and would love to just have this on the side but thus this defeats the object of having a soap so I will use it and while I do I can act like a proper lady!



Mirenesse - Glossy Kiss
14. Perfect Kiss
I was quite excited when I saw this in the box as these type of pencil lip products have been huge recently and I always wanted to try one but have never really got round to it so I felt this was the perfect opportunity to do so!
The first thing I was surprised with is how pigmented this is! It really packs the colour on with just one swipe which is obviously a bonus.
The colour I got is 'perfect kiss' which is a red with gold shimmer running through. I wouldn't class this as an 'everyday lip colour' as it is quite strong and with the gold shimmer which I feel it just looks a little too much for day time wear. However it would look fab on a night out or if your going somewhere special. I kind of wish I got a more wearable colour which would have allowed me to wear it anytime as it is such a handy product to put in your bag and apply whenever you need too.



Weleda - Skin Food
This is by far my favourite product in the box.
I will admit and say I probably need a new moisturiser like a hole in the head. I have so many which I need to get through so when I saw this I didn't really think much, that's until I tried it!
I have never used a moisturiser that is so thick and which sinks into my skin so well. It literally leaves your skin feeling like a silk and I think I'm a little in love.
It smells quite natural and herby (if that makes sense ha!) which I can't say I love but I don't hate it so it doesn't put me off using it as some smells can be quite overpowering but this is more on the natural side.
I just think this stuff is bloody amazing and I can see it being a saviour on those super dry areas and can see my feet being in pretty sandals in no time!
Oh and Victoria Beckham uses this. What is good enough for Victoria is good enough for me!




Nick Chavez Beverly Hills - Plump N'Thick Leave-In Thickening Mist
I had instant de-ja-vu when I saw this product as I have actually recieved this is my February box! I'm a little on the confused side to why they have put this in here, to use up the old stock they still have maybe?
I must admit I do quite like this but not enough to feel happy that I have another one so I think I will be getting in contact and explain that I have already recieved this, not too sure if anything can be done but it's worth a go!
I can't say I have seen anyone else getting this product so maybe I am just unlucky!


Lifestyle Extra - Paname Paris Mirror
I love the little extras that Birchbox put in the boxes each month and this time it's a mirror. This is so handy to have in my bag but the thing I'm a little confused is that Birchbox are claiming that this is £7.50! I wouldn't pay £7.50 for this and it's not even a compact mirror and really isn't worth that much but never-the-less it's a handy product to have in the handbag!

So there we have April's box done and dusted!
The stand out product is the Weleda Skin Food as its amazing and I can see it becoming a holy grail item for me!

Rachel xxxx  

2 comments:

  1. I got the thickening spray in my March box which later I knew wasn't supposed to be in there !! I contacted them and asked them why it was put in my box in the first place if it wasn't advertised as a March product but they never answered me and kept repeatedly avoiding the question! I think Birchbox are really rubbish with their stock management!
    I really like your blog post though! Can't wait to finally get my hands on the April box! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late comment but I also got the thickening spray and was slightly annoyed at receiving old stock! Did they ever get back to you? Also another question, a slightly weird one, do you get a bow around your birchbox?

    xx

    ReplyDelete