So yes for Christmas I was a very lucky lady and got a Clarisonic!! I have wanted one for a quite a while now after seeing endless blog posts and youtube videos on this little gadget and thus thought that it sounded perfect for me so I decided to put it down on my Christmas list.
What is it?
So the Clarisonic is a 'professional-calibre brush that uses a gentle sonic micro-massage action to cleanse deeply.' That was taken from the leaflet included in the box with the Clarisonic so in more simple terms what I like to describe the Clarisonic is 'an electric toothbrush, but for your face.' LOL I find this a much more easier way to describe when people ask who have no idea what a Clarisonic is I.E Older members of my family... haha!
The benefits of the Clarisonic
- Cleanses 6x more better than manual cleansing alone in just 60 seconds
- Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
- Prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturisers
- Gentle to use 2x a day
- Helps reduce oily areas, dry patches and blemishes
- Fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced
- Gentle for all skin types to use, even with sensitive conditions such as rosacea and acne.
^^^This has all been taken from the Clarisonic website and the leaflet that was included with the Clarisonic.
The brush head
The on/off button
The cleanser it comes with
Thought I would add these pictures just to show you an overall view of the Clarisonic. As you can see I got it in the colour 'Poppy Red' and I love it <3
How I use the Clarisonic
- Wet both my skin and the brush head with warm water
- I then apply the cleanser of choice (I am currently using The Body Shop Tea Tree body wash) on my skin and massage in
- I then turn on my Clarisonic and place it on my face using circular motions, beginning with my forehead (20 seconds) Nose and chin (20 seconds) and the each cheek (20 seconds) thus equalling to 60seconds!
And yes it is as easy as that! I find it such a joy to use and it is easy to use and it feels really good to use to. It's not abrasive in any way, as I was worried the brush was going to be rough, but in fact it is quite soft.
I have only been using this for a little while so this post is intended to be a quick overview of the Clarisonic so in a month or 2 I will do an update of whether it has made any difference to my skin. I am so excited to see any changes that my skin may go through and fingers crossed it will improve the texture of my skin and the blemishes I do suffer from.